Friday, February 25, 2011

Free Vintage Post Card Backs

Click the free vintage post card backs scrapbook elements to see and download larger versions

We are all very fortunate indeed, because a donor who wishes to be known only grannyso @ yahoo. com (spaces added to thwart spammers) has scanned her collection of vintage postcards and greeting cards and is allowing me to share them. These are the real deal; there's been no digital enhancing, other than to remove the backgrounds so you can layer them if you'd like. The first of grannyso's images I'm going to share are three vintage post card backs. These would make wonderful backgrounds or, if layered and repeated, borders. The first one could also be used as a scrapbook journaling card, because it's more or less blank. 

Here are the post cards:

These post card backs aren't necessarily pretty, but they have that gritty vintage feel that can lend a sense of realism to whatever you're working on. Please restrict their use to personal projects only. Thanks and happy scrapbooking!

If you like these vintage post cards, please click the Facebook "Like" button above, follow me on Twitter or Facebook, and/or follow this blog using Google Friend Connect in the sidebar.

More of grannyso's vintage post card and greeting card collection will be posted soon!

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful post cards! I really like it! How old is the 3rd card? Glad I found these post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower! Making paper art a thing to do with my summer off - so inspired by the lovely Vintage crafters I simply must jump into the fray. My writing often consumes me and I miss crafting. Thanks for the image availablity of bygone times so sweet.
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Miss Kathy! I hope you have a very crafty summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice, thank you for sharing the images are really good.
    I´m a follower now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! you are so generous :-) I've added your button to my sidebar, your blog is very interesting! Hugs from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for all the beautiful stuff!!
    i realy like your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I liked your blog and I personally invite you to join http://www.coollectors.com - The World's Free Collectors Zone.
    We will also be happy to cooperate with your blog such as adding its link to our site.
    All the best,
    Diane
    info@coollectors.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there - I'm a newbie to scrapbooking and I want to create a vintage scrapbook for my wedding. Just to understand, so I print this out on scrapbook paper to use the image? What do you do about something like the Victorian frame below, where the edges are curvy - do you just use scissors to go around the edges? Thanks for any and all help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you can print them and cut around the edges. Or you can use the image(s) in combination with others in a digital scrapbooking layout, using a scrapbooking program or a graphics program like Photoshop Elements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it alright to use this, or any of your items for a free to use scrap kit? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking, Debbie. :-)

      In a nutshell, the images are for personal use, unless a fee is paid. Please scroll down and read the Terms of Use text in the sidebar for more details.

      Delete
  12. Dont know how I did not see that lol sorry to bother you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello I just discovered your blog and it is wonderful!! Because you link to mine, thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures! Greetings from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. Your site is beautiful too! :-)

      Delete