Thursday, May 20, 2010

Free Ornate Black and White Victorian Border

Click the free Victorian black and white border to see and download a larger version

This ornate black and white Victorian border comes from the 1860 book The Art of Illuminating As Practised in Europe from the Earliest Times. It was scanned and made available for free by the From Old Books site, which offers free public domain images that have been -- you guessed it -- scanned from old books. You can find instructions for making different colored versions of this border at the link above. There are also brown, red and green versions already posted on that site, along with many other images extracted from a large archive of old books. To see them, click the "FOBO" link at the top of the page.

I hope you love this Victorian border as much as I do. It reminds me of the reproduction Sears catalog from the 1800s that we had sitting around our house for years as I was growing up. Not that they would have probably put something like this in the Sears catalog, but it's certainly in the illustration style they used.

If you enjoy the vintage scrapbook freebies on this blog, please feel follow me on Twitter and/or follow this blog using Google Friend Connect in the sidebar. Thanks!


free clip art on Twitter
The terms of use for this image are located on the page linked above. The terms for all the other vintage scrapbooking images on this blog are located in the sidebar.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for another great freebie, and an even more valuable link to what I expect is going to be a really time consuming site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Heather.

    I know what you mean. I had to pull myself away from all the freebies on that site so I could get some work done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the greater design!

    ReplyDelete