Monday, September 7, 2009

Free Vintage Angels Christmas Scrapbook Paper

Click the free vintage angels Christmas scrapbook paper to see a larger version

The other day I got the idea that vintage Christmas cards would look beautiful if they were incorporated into Christmas scrapbook paper. So I chose what I think is a particularly pretty vintage greeting card that features two angels, one reading a parchment scroll with golden filigree and the other holding an ornate golden harp. Naturally, they're floating in the clouds and they appear to be having a conference about some Christmas-related issue. The card itself reads "A Merry Christmas" and I added "Angels heard on high proclaim that Christmastime is here" for a little ambiance and extra Christmas cheer.

I find the pale aqua color of the background, which I pulled from the cloud color, quite soothing. And to give it just that little extra bit of flair, I added an ivory-colored scroll work design between each card. I'm actually quite happy with the results. To me it's a bonus that it works for both secular and religious audiences. I've received requests to provide more spiritual and religious images, and this one has a little something for everyone. I hope you find lots of uses for it! You might even want to try using it as wrapping paper for small Christmas gifts. (Added 11-30-2009: Check out this other free vintage angel scrapbook paper I just posted.)

Like this vintage Christmas scrapbook paper? Please link to this post or the blog, using the words "vintage scrapbook paper". That will help others take advantage of these images too. Thanks!

Get notified about art updates:
free clip art on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment