Saturday, May 2, 2009

About the Vintage Scrapbooking Blog


Click the vintage scrapbook embellishment to see a larger version

Welcome to Vintage Scrapbooking!


The name is just as it suggests: vintage images for scrapbooking. But what the name doesn't tell you is that I'll be giving away lots of free images and that the images also have plenty of other uses for craft projects, handmade cards, holiday decorations and anything else your imagination can dream up. Each post will contain at least one vintage art gem that you can download free! The free Peter Henderson & Co. vintage seed packet art to the right is a perfect example of the many vintage images I have in store for you. Some other examples of the vintage art types you'll see are Edwardian or Victorian calling cards, product labels, gorgeous vintage flowers, holiday and birthday cards, vintage photos and even old posters.

In addition to the freebies we'll post on this blog, you'll find links to more incredible free resources in the right sidebar. I have a vast collection of free vintage images and I design my own contemporary clip art, and links to those will rotate in the sidebar. And if you'd like to see all the free images in my collection, you'll want to download the Free Clip Art Sourcebook. It's free to download and there's no registration required.

You'll also find links to Vintage Holiday Crafts, my free vintage clip art blog; and to Vintagerio, which I proudly feature because it's an unbelievable resource for vintage art lovers. There's a nominal charge to download images on Vintagerio but there are over 15,000 of them and more will be added soon. Once you're a subscriber you can download as many as you want! Most of the images on this blog will be from Vintagerio, so that will give you an idea of the quality they offer.

As with all good things, there is usually a rule or two. But mine are simple and you'll find them in the sidebar. If you'd like to contact me with special requests or questions, you can reach me at info[@]vintageholidaycrafts.com.

I hope you will enjoy the vintage scrapbooking images I'll be featuring and that you'll come back often!

Thanks!




Carla Chadwick

Get notified about art updates:
Follow us on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment